"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tributes To Bob Nortz

If anyone wishes to sign there tributes or at least indicate if whether or not you want them posted I am using this section for tributes to the Bob.

He always invited me on his Fall boat cruise and I don't think I missed very many over all the years - maybe 1 or 2, and I always visited with him when I was in Albany. I last spoke with him the end of September during Dave Renzi's campaign. We had a nice, long conversation.

I have many photographs and many happy memories. He was a true gentleman, and the true patriarch of the North Country GOP, IMO. There are few like him today.

From a "thank you" note from Bob 10/27/2000:

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends. And say my glory was I had such friends"

Wm. Yeats

Rest in peace, my friend.
(Written by Mike Gillette)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I knew Bob Nortz quite well - but from the opposite political aisle.

Many times I was around him and others when "candidates or incumbents spoke in public."

He always had a joke that warmed up the crowd.

I last met and spoke to Bob and his bride at the NSIL in October when McHugh debated Oot - we spoke for a few minutes and I asked him how he was and he flashed that smile and said, "I'm fine, thanks for asking." He hid his illness quite well -- he'll be missed.

RIP - Bob Nortz.

A friend from the other side of the political who always respected you.

~ dmf
  (Written by Dan Francis)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I met Mr. Nortz for the first time when I was in my late teens. He took a couple of minutes to talk to a teenage kid about politics and how important it was to belong to a party. That really hit home with me, not so much the politics but the time he gave me. He was a man that would shake your hand and look you in the eyes. The last six months Mr. Nortz was deeply involved in my campaign for State Assembly. He never missed a meeting and always instilled passion and dedication. I had the pleasure of introducing Mr. Nortz at the Jefferson County Annual Dinner at Bonnie Castle in October. He took the podium and stole the show. I will cherish that honor for the rest of my life. It’s not so much that the North Country has lost a great Leader, but the North Country has lost a True Friend……..Farewell Mentor …God bless you and your family.
Bobby Cantwell (Written by Bobby Cantwell)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bob Nortz -- always with a smile, an infectious laugh, a pat on the back, and a profound love for the North Country. RIP.

Live Blogging