"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hypocrisy - Take II

After sharp criticism over the one-sided fake newscast that forced red-faced Senate Democrats to pull their debut One New York faux "news" off the web, the program is back-- this time with cameos from three Republicans. Less than 30 seconds in a 17-minute "newscast."

This is slicker than anything the Republicans even thought about producing.

Exit question:  
Tell me this propaganda machine is something different than what the Democrats were criticizing the Senate Republicans for?

Hail the reformers!



One New York - Update from New York State Senate on Vimeo.

6 comments:

Danny M. Francis (Eyepublius) said...

Speaking of "fake" -- how about the hypocrites in the U.S. Senate and this laundry list of "earmarks -- you know: porkies that Schumer says the public doesn't care about.

Click here and enjoy the ride -- it's bumpy Senate Adds Pork to House Bacon Bill

Anonymous said...

I don't think we do care about pork, Daniel. Every one of these people will be returned to office. Schumer may be a sleaze, but he is safe in NY. We like 'em that way.

Danny M. Francis (Eyepublius) said...

Yepper, "Throw the bums out -- that's our battle cry.

Come election day: "Hey, my bum ain't so bad -- look at what he/ she got us."

And, it's all FREE, too, right?

When you're dead and gone, you don't care who gets stuck with the tab!

I think it's called selfish greed.

Anonymous said...

Who cares about the money or the politics. Who is the anchor woman? Put her on more. I want to see this woman on late, maybe an HBO show of her own. Don't quibble around with facts and taxes when we have something like this to look at. She's not quite a FOX news girl but hey, for NY, it's a start.

Anonymous said...

Good looking or not, we are using taxpayer funds to fly Senate faux-news crews to Washington to create this propaganda?

What happened to the fiscal crisis I keep hearing about?

Anonymous said...

With the stock market, the octomom, layoffs, and Washington/Albany's continued spending, I'm beginning to think we are done as a nation. I'm not blaming a party or a person. I just think we are on a downward spiral that won't stop. It is to a point where I sincerely, very sincerely hope that those who disagree are right, and I am very, very wrong.

Too much bad financial news. Too much bad social news. We are in a lot of trouble. I have never seen anything like it. I'm in my 50's.

Discussion about any of the problems we face always drifts into partisan politics. We don't address any issues, as the only thing that matters is blame.

Live Blogging