"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bloomy Is Right Again

Bloomberg gets respect for speaking candidly and being of an independent mind. Here is Bloomberg on Palin. (h/t Daily Politics)

The anti-gun mayor said “you can disagree with some of her positions, I disagree violently with some of them, but…she is the governor of a state, you don’t get to be a governor by accident. She is has an 80% approval rating. She’s taken on corruption in the state. She has balanced raising a family with public service and my hat's off to her. That doesn’t mean I’m going to support her or vote for her, but I think she’s shown that she is a substantive person who is a force to be reckoned with in this election.”

He added, “You want to have a spirited, close race where the public really has to sit down and think what they want and who they are going to vote for. That’s good for democracy. I think she is to be congratulated. I wish her and John McCain well. And I wish Joe Biden and Barack Obama well...I hope the press focuses on the issues instead of some of the personal things that seem to have dominated the press for the last few days. It was really a shame.”

No comments:

Live Blogging